Thursday 14 February 2013

Hiroya Matsumoto's Final Words About Go-Busters


Assuming that everybody who reads this blog post has just watched the final episode of Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters, the production staff posted their final words about the series. This includes their final thoughts about it, and the last words coming from the cast.

One of those cast members is Hiroya Matsumoto who played Masato Jin aka Beet Buster. Unlike the other cast members who said their final words as actors, he went out in style by saying his final words in-character.

He… yone…
Hel… veryone…
Ah, hey, I got through!
Hey there, everyone! It’s Jin Masato here, engineer extraordinaire!
Did you all enjoy Special Ops Cell Go-Busters?

Hmm? Oh, hey, good, you did!
That’s great! Good to hear it!
I bet J is too, aren’tcha, J?
Hey, J! You could at least answer me!
Don’t gimme that look, mister!
You’re really that upset I’m gone, huh?
Man, you sure know how to make a guy feel wanted!
But ya know, no matter what happens, we’ll always be partners. Buddies!
Lives may end, but the memories and bonds we form are eternal!
And ya know, if you look at it like that, you never really lose anyone.

Same goes for all you viewers out there.
We may not see each other again, but as long as you remember us, the legend of the Go-Busters is immortal. And of Jin Masato too, of course! We’ll live on, through you, and the bond we share. Can a guy ask for more?


Oh, and hey, ya know… the world’s an incredible place. There’s this guy, right, looks just like me. Some actor called Matsumoto Hiroya. Now, he’s not as cool, and nowhere near as smart, but he’s a likable guy for all his faults. And hey, a few faults make things all the better! Maybe we’ll get to hang out together sometime.

And hey, dang it, J! At least say something!
Huh? You can’t hear me that well?
Ah, dang it… I finally get to talk to you guys, and my time’s almost up…
Do you know how tough this was?!
I had to mod my Morphin’ Blaster to get a link over to your side!
I doubt anyone will ever come close to replicating this kinda genius!
Hey, J!
Knowing you was the greatest gift a guy could want!
So enjoy the world for me, you got that, buddy?
J…
You’re the best friend a guy could ever ask for!

And thanks to all you guys out there, too!
I… I hop… we ca… meet aga… out ther… someda…!
Looks… ike th… the end…

Seeya!

To read more of these Toei final production notes about the series, you can check the translated entry courtesy of Over-Time's translator, Magenta. Read it here.