Tuesday 26 February 2013

Chikyuu Sentai Fiveman 04 – Everybody is Getting Drunk!

Never mess with my first Sentai waifu!

In this episode, Zone's next plot to destroy planet Earth is to get everyone drunk? What?! Anyway, because of the effects of Zone's really silly plot, Remi got drunk but will she let drunkenness be her weakness?


The title of the episode is speaks for itself, it is about Zone making everyone drunk to destroy it. From kids, adults, students, and much to my surprise, dogs! To make it a bit crazier, this episode also featured drunken cars! Yup, this episode is indeed crazy. As for Remi, lucky enough, she is near to the dam where she is training for her kung-fu. This leads us to her fight with Zaza, one of the sub commanders of Zone.

Her fight with Zaza is fun to watch, the out of suit action is great and that's it. What's important about this scene is that she falls on the dam, causing her to get drunk. Now that she is drunk, her siblings are worried if she can still fight in that condition. Much to my surprise, we saw her stand up and figured out a way to fight Zone in this episode.


Applying what she learned from her training and Arthur telling her that she is drunk, we saw her perform a Drunken Fist Kung-Fu style! This my friends is one of the reasons why Remi is my favorite Yellow and one of my childhood Super Sentai crushes until now. It's fun watching a cute kung fu girl do Drunken Fist Kung-Fu! Her fight with the MOTW is seriously fun to watch; the out of suit action is really great and is probably, the strongest points of this series thus far.

After her siblings saw her fight, they got more inspired to finish the MOTW. For quite some time now, aside from the small commercial bumper logo on the right side of the show, I can't help but notice that this is the first Super Sentai series that featured a real time transformation scene, something that Go-Busters tried to revive 22 years later. This made me realize that Fiveman tried to be unique back then, I am not sure why people find the show bad but I guess I will find it out in later episodes.


After defeating the MOTW, it is time for the giant battle. The giant battle in this episode is probably, the most rad and the most unique giant battle I ever saw in my entire life. I mean seriously, aside from letting a drunk woman pilot the Five Robo, the robot is fighting in Drunken Fist Style! I heard about robots doing kung-fu but this is the first time I saw a robot doing Drunken Fist Kung-Fu! It's hard to describe my thoughts about this so it is best for you to watch it. The new finisher involving splitting the sword into two is quite cool and I didn't expect them to this finisher involving Drunken Fist Kung-Fu.

At the end, Arthur formulated an antidote that fixed everyone and that Remi doesn't want to have another drink of liquor just for that day! Well that's expected because she is drinking liquor for the entire day! So yeah, she prefers drinking water now and hopefully, Arthur fixed the issue with the dam so that she will not end up drinking liquor!