Friday 1 March 2013

Chikyuu Sentai Fiveman 06 – Hard Working Remi

Why is she is adorable?

Zone's next plan is to turn everyone lazy because Doldora discovered that hard working humans are one of the reasons why the human civilization improved even though their technology is quite inferior compared to the aliens. Well the plan seems quite reasonable. Anyway, one of the victims is Remi's friend, can Remi find and the Fivemen defeat the MOTW that caused all of this?


Much to my surprise, this is yet another Remi focused episode. To be honest, I am not complaining about it for two simple reasons: Remi is one amazing character and second, she is well, my childhood crush and until now, she is one of my crushes. You basically get the idea how I reacted in this episode. As for Zone's plot, much to my surprise, it is not ridiculous. It is quite reasonable and realistic if you are an alien invader. For starters, disabling the human work force can cause a lot of problems, causing humans to be disoriented and if the enemy will strike, they don't have the will and power to fight back.

Much to my disappointment, the Fivemen are not affected of the spores released by the MOTW. I mean, they are showered by it for minutes before transforming for crying out loud! Thankfully, this made sense later in this episode as to how these spores didn't affect our heroes. Speaking of which, because of father of Remi's friend was affected by the spores, she decides to help him. I kinda like this scene, Remi acts like a proper sister figure to the kid and I like the interaction between the two. This gives you this kind of feeling that the Fivemen are approachable if you are a kid.


Another thing, it is also because of this scene why Remi discovered why some humans are affected by the spores. As it turns out, the MOTW hates hard workers! Considering that the Fivemen are not working that hard as superheroes since they are fighting monsters in a weekly basis, it makes sense why they are not affected by the spores. With that knowledge, Remi used it to her advantage in finding the elusive MOTW.

Her plan worked and saw some more of her great fighting skills. She then transformed into Five Yellow and saw that she can still fight even though the MOTW already wrapped her body around. At the end, they were able to defeat the MOTW with a little help coming from her siblings. As for the giant battle, I was a bit shocked when they teleported the sword after 30 seconds of robot punching. Much to my surprise, this is for the sake of showing us more of the sword's dual wielding capabilities!


For an instant, the fight becomes more interesting as we saw some variety in the Five Robo's fight style thanks to the use its use of the sword. More on the sword, I was shocked when I saw that the hole of the sword can be used as a gun! Well that is something you don't see every day! At the end, they were able to defeat the MOTW and that everything is back to normal. One final thing to point out, I just love how Remi points out that she keeps saving the day! I mean, for three straight episodes, it is always her who is trying to save the day! Not that I am complaining or something!