Friday 1 November 2013

Former AKB48 Member Sayaka Akimoto, Proud to be Half-Filipino


Former AKB48 member Sayaka Akimoto just released her 1st photobook called "Ari no mama". In the book, she revealed about her inferiority complex of having a Filipina mother and a Japanese father.

And I quote:

I kept thinking 'What am I?' for 7 and a half years while I was spending time together with all these other idols like Mayuyu and Yuko. But I am able to stay active and have work because of my shoulder width that's bigger than anyone else's in AKB, and my muscles. I cherished these traits as these define who I really am.

Now I am proud when I say that I'm half-Filipino, and I hope that I can give give a helping hand to everyone else who are half-bred and is in the same situation as I was, and people who have no confidence.

[Source: Maji De!?]