Friday 23 August 2013

Nausicaä Film Sequel Possible w/ Evangelion's Anno Directing It


In a recent interview, director Hayao Miyazaki revealed that he is open to a possibility of a sequel to his classic film, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind with Neon Genesis Evangelion director Hideaki Anno in-charge.

Here's what he said in the interview, "No, I don't. I don't really feel like doing it, but Anno keeps on saying, 'I want to do it! I want to do it!,' so I tell him now that I've come to think lately that if he wanted to do it, it would be fine for him to do it."


The original film is about a warrior princess who protects her land amid wars in a post-apocalyptic Earth. Anno worked on the said film as a key animator and just recently, he made his voice acting debut in Miyazaki's latest film called "The Wind Rises".

Source: Anime News Network