Friday 30 November 2012

Shunya Shiraishi & Souta Fukushi Hyper Hobby Interview for Movie Wars Ultimatum


Hyper Hobby magazine recently had an interview with Shunya Shirashi and Souta Fukushi, the two lead stars of the upcoming Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider Wizard & Fourze: Movie Wars Ultimatum. The movie opens this December 8.

Hyper Hobby (HH): The first time you two met was on the 'Everyone, It's Space Time!' set, wasn't it?
Souta Fukushi (SF): Yup!
Shunya Shirashi (SS): We shot a very short scene together and then we met up in ADR room to record our lines a while later.

HH: What was your first impression of each other then?
SS: He really seemed like Gentaro in real life too.
SF: I did? I guess that's kind of true. (laughs)
SS: You were also really cheerful and a bit loud.
SF: I thought Shiraishi was really cool. Although we didn’t get the chance to talk that much back then.
SS: Our filming schedules weren't the same for this movie either, so we barely met this time too.

HH: But the two of you seem to get along.
SS: I guess so. We both have it easy to communicate.
SF: Which is kinda strange, seeing how you are older than me.
SS: But you're just like Gentaro, befriending everyone.
SF: That's probably true. (laughs) Kamen Rider does feel like a family after all.
SS: I could see how close you all got after working on Kamen Rider for a year. I felt like a third wheel when we were working with Sakamoto. (laughs)
SF: We hadn't seen each other for a while. After the final episode, Sakamoto told me he'd direct this movie and I just had to come back for him.
SS: He was really awkward with the Wizard cast though. (laughs) He used super formal language with us.
SF: Really? (laughs)
SS: But when you arrived, he became all happy. I thought it was pretty cool, the entire atmosphere changed when the director and main character got together.
SF: That's probably the result of working together on Fourze.

HH: But weren't you a bit like Mr. Shiraishi when you appeared on OOO's set together with Shu Watanabe? You’ve also previously mentioned that you're actually a very shy person. You were working with an older actor back then too.
SF: Hahaha, yeah... I'm actually very shy.
SS: Really!? I'm sorry, I never noticed that! (laughs) You seemed so much like Gentaro when I talked to you off the set.
SF: Acting as the character must have rubbed of on me.

HH: How do you two usually talk in general?
SF: We use relatively formal speech. We still don't call each other with our first names. (laughs)
SS: We haven’t even had the time to go to lunch together!

HH: But you still get along fairly well and natural, don't you?
SF: Of course, the photos we just took for the interview photo shoot was pretty much just the two of us playing around as friends when we had to pose.
SS: Haha, yeah~ We weren’t like that when we were filming together the first time.

HH: How many times were you two on the same set at the same time?
SF: Three days, I believe.

HH: As fellow main characters, did you ever think "I won’t lose to him as a Rider?"
SS: Not really, but I felt like I had already lost when we did the transformation scene. There were 3 Fourze Riders and then me. (laughs)
SF: That’s so true!~ (laughs)