Tuesday 2 April 2013

Akira Toriyama's Thoughts About Dragonball Evolution


Most of us here hated the Hollywood adaptation of Akira Toriyama's Dragon Ball manga (less some elements), most of us wondered what Toriyama thinks about the live-action movie adaptation.

In an interview with Asahi, Toriyama talked about his thoughts about Dragonball Evolution. I quote, "At the time of the live-action Hollywood version, the script didn't really capture the world or the characteristics (of Dragon Ball). What's more, because I thought the content was bland and not so interesting, I cautioned them and gave them ideas for changes."

"Nevertheless," Toriyama continued, "they had this odd confidence and didn't really comply with my suggestions. And just as I thought, the result was a movie I cannot call Dragon Ball."

Source: Kotaku